This is a guide on how to get started using the PopBookings platform.
If these do not answer your questions, let us know by emailing [email protected] with any technical questions!
Manage your profile
To edit your PopBookings profile pictures, including your profile photo:
- Click Edit button in the photo header.
- Select Add Photo square
- After the photo is finished uploading, crop photo to display photo correctly > Apply Changes
- Upload at least 3 photos
- Click blue Done with Photos button when finished.
To choose a profile picture:
- Hover over or tap the picture you want to make your profile picture and click the star icon.
To delete a photo:
- Hover over or tap the picture you want to delete and click the “X” icon.
What type of pictures should I include on my profile?
Your profile picture should be a professional, clear headshot. You should include at least one full length photo and at least one picture of you in the field. As a rule of thumb, the more photos, the merrier! Adding a good variety of photos of yourself increases your chances of getting booked for more jobs!
To edit your bio on PopBookings:
- Click the blue +Add Short Bio link below your profile pictures.
- Enter in your bio.
- Click off anywhere to save your bio.
What should a good bio include?
A good bio tells about yourself, your professional experience in the industry, and why an agency should hire you. Showcase your personality in this bio to stand out from your peers! Make it interesting to read. Always use good grammar. Nothing will strike you from being hired faster than not using proper grammar this section so triple check before you save!
To add your experience to your profile:
- Click the blue Add a specific job/experience button in the “Experience” section.
- Click Select Position drop down menu. (Brand ambassador, Team Lead, etc.)
- Type in brand of company you worked for in the brand/company name field.
- Add description in text box outlining what you did for this position.
- Click Save button to save your changes.
To add you overall experience:
Enter the month and year (mm/yyyy) you started working the the industry to showcase your overall experience.
Add Social Media
To add your social media profiles to your account:
- Click into the social media icon of the profile you want to add to your profile.
- Enter in the URL to your profile (ex: instagram.com/popbookings)
- Repeat for every social media profile you want to link to your profile!
Why should I add my social media accounts to my profile?
Adding your social media accounts to your profile helps your chances of getting booked. Agencies like to see what type of person you are. Social media showcases your personality and personal brand very well. If you don’t add your social media accounts to your profile, an agency might question why that might be. (Are you trying to hide something?) Be thorough with your profile by adding all of your social media accounts to your profile! It shows you have nothing to hide!
To add your attributes to your profile:
- Under the “Attributes” section, click the attribute you want to add.
- Choose the attribute that best suits your from the drop down.
- Repeat for each attribute.
Why do I need to add my attributes to my profile?
Adding your attributes to your profile allows your agency to know what you look like so they can make a more informed decision on when and if to choose you for a gig. Some clients have a very specific look depending on the promo. Not adding your attributes to your profile means you might not show up in a search for a booking! Be sure to be very precise and honest with your attributes. Not being honest could hurt your chances of ever getting hired by that agency again.
To add specialties to your profile:
- Click on the green Type a Specialty
- Type in your specialty
- Click + to add specialty
What are Specialties?
The Specialties section on your profile is meant to narrow down all of your relevant experience in one snapshot. You can also include any other relevant experience here that might help you get hired for more jobs. Some examples include: Brand Ambassador, Team Lead, Photography, Sales, etc.
How do I add documents to my account?
To add documents to your profile:
- Click the “Documents” tab in the lefthand side of your account.
- Click the “Add [document]” button under the document you want to add.
- Choose which document(s) you want to add from your device (Resume, W9, etc.).
- Repeat for each document you want to add.
Why should I include my resume to my profile?
Adding your resume to your profile allows your agency to view more than what you have put on your profile. You can also showcase yourself in a more personal manner with your resume.
What does it mean “Requested by” at the bottom on each document?
Every agency has different paperwork you will need to fill out in order to work for them. When you are registered with multiple agencies who are using PopBookings to manage their staffing, you will be able to see which documents go to which agency on your end. We make your life easier when managing multiple agency relations!
What kind of file formats can I upload?
For security reasons, you can only upload PDF and/or .JPEG files to your documents section. If you have a .DOC or .DOCX file, convert or “Save As” a PDF to upload it to your account.
How to I remove a document?
To remove or replace a document on your profile:
- Go to the “Documents” section on your account in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the document you want to remove/replace.
- Click the blue dropdown arrow.
- Choose what action you want to take.
NOTE: When you remove a document from your profile, your agency will no longer have access to it from your profile. You want to be sure to add a different document as soon as possible to replace it. Missing documents from your profile will hurt your chances of getting booked for future jobs.
To view all of your event invites:
- Go to the “Events” tab in the left sidebar in your account.
- Click into the event to see information about the event.
- Repeat for each event invite you want to view.
What if I want to change my response to an event invite?
To change your response to an event invite from your agency, click into the event you want to change, click the “Change my Response” link at the bottom of the job invite screen. If you have already been booked and no longer can work an event, contact your agency directly. To find the contact information to your agency, go to your “Agencies” tab in the left sidebar.
How do I view past events?
To view any past events your have booked or been invited to work, click “Past Events” link at the top of the “Events” tab.
Why does it say I have “Viewed PopAlert?”
When you have opened and reviewed ab event invite from an agency, your status will reflect that to your agency. Responsiveness is a big deal to agencies when it comes to booking someone. You agency will be able to see when you open a job invite and don’t say anything. Saying “No” to an event invite is better than saying nothing!
To view what agencies you are registered with:
- Go to the “Agencies” tab in the left sidebar on your account.
- Reference the list under this tab.
Why is it “Agencies” not “Agency?”
Yes, it’s plural. On PopBookings we have made it easier to register with agencies who use PopBookings to manage their staffing. You can register with the same profile across multiple agencies. This allows you to manage one profile with multiple agencies.
Can I see all agencies who are using PopBookings?
No. We do not have an open directory of agencies in which you can register. We know you want to get as much work as possible, but you must have an existing relationship with an agency or find them directly to register with them on PopBookings.
I registered with an agency who I know is using PopBookings, but they are not showing up. What do I do?
If you are registered with or have tried to register with an agency using PopBookings and you do not see them under your “Agencies” tab, please contact us with the agency name and we will connect you to them.
Where can I find contact information for the agencies I am registered with?
To find contact information for the agencies you are registered with:
- Go to the “Agencies” tab in the left sidebar.
- View contact info in the list of your agencies.
I don’t see who I talked with on this list?
Sometimes agencies have multiple account managers that may not be listed here. This is the contact information to the person who has been designated to answer questions like these. Don’t worry, this person can point you in the right direction!
NOTE: Download the mobile app in order to message your agency on a per event level or one-on-one!
To view all open opportunities with your agency:
- Log in to your account here.
- Go to “Job Board” tab in the left sidebar.
- Click on the job you’re interested in.
- From the pop-up, click “Yes, I’m interested”
- You can find that job in your “Events” tab for future reference.
Why do I not get job invites to the jobs in the Job Board?
Agencies send out job invites to people who are closest to the event location(s). If you are planning to travel, the job board is where you will go to view opportunities to pick up work in that city!
To initiate a one-on-one chat with your agency:
- Click into the event you are booked for in the mobile app
- Click the faces icon at the bottom
- Type your message
- Press send
How do I see past messages?
To see past messages:
- Click the menu in the top lefthand corner of the app
- Go to “Messages”
- Click into the thread you want to reference
The “Messages” tab will store ALL of your correspondence with your agencies. These filter by the most recent communication first. (Think Facebook “Messenger” and you will know what to do!)
NOTE: This feature is unlocked once you have been marked as “BOOKED” for the event. You can then chat with the group that is booked with you.
To access the group chat:
- Open event from Event List in mobile app
- Click the message bubble icon at the bottom
- Type your message
- Press “Send”
What is the Group Chat for?
Group chat is great for when you are working an event that has multiple people in it. This way, when you are on your way to the venue, if you have an urgent question, anyone in the group can help you out. (Ex: “Where are we meeting exactly?” “I’m lost! Someone help”)